Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chance Encounters.

When I was first introduced to the piano at age six, I immediately had delusions of grandeur. Comparatively speaking, I took to it faster than most, and as the years passed by, nearly all my teachers applauded me for my technique and command of dynamics. Of course, music is so much more than skill. By the time I entered high school and began to handle more advanced pieces, such as Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata, I realized that music was the ultimate medium for expression. It was pure, untainted by meaningless words.

Naturally, I wanted to continue learning even after graduation, but my parents convinced me to invest in a much more stable career.  In the fall of my freshman year of college, I moved to.California's Bay area to double major in chemical engineering and piano performance. A year later, I met up with a high school friend of mine, Kristine, who happened to attend the same university as me. Tired of the expenses and restrictions of on-campus living, we agreed to rent an apartment together.

Which brings me where I am today, a few months into my junior fall semester, eating sandwiches from the dollar menu at McDonalds at one o'clock in the morning.

Admittedly, I left out a few details.


Hey everyone, this one is an idea that has been swimming around in my head for quite a few years now. It's supposed to be a oneshot, but it's impossible for me to write it in one go and I don't want to decide half-way through writing that I won't post the story after all. As such,  I will be slowly updating this "oneshot," with no meaning behind where I stop the story in each post (besides that it was the point where I got tired of writing), so please bear with me >.< I hope I can follow through on this one, and if I do, I hope you'll stay with me til the end!
Also, I'm writing this through the Blogger app on my phone so that I can work on it even when I'm not at home.  However, I'm pretty bad when it comes to typing on the screen keyboard, so I apologize in advance if the updates are full of typos. Just comment and let me know, I'll fix them when I get home!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah.

No comments: